Mendocino County weekend

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2007
      On Friday July 27th Nikki White and I saw a Northern Pygmy-Owl on a utility pole on the Ukiah Boonville road just before noon.
      At the Garcia River estuary there was an adult Ruddy Turnstone, at least 40 Semipalmated Plovers,and 3 Willets.
      On Saturday July 28th there was a distant Kingbird sp. on the south facing slope at Usal. Probable Western Kingbird based on the time of year?
      On Monday July 30th 2 Pileated Woodpeckers flew over Highway 1 into Mackerricher State Park.
      At Virgin Creek Beach there was another adult Ruddy Turnstone and a Marbled Godwit.
      Jerry White