Yardbird #166

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2007
      Mon, 30 Jul 2007 -- 04:02 A LONG-EARED OWL woke me out of a deep sleep.
      Less than 100 yads away - probably in the oaks behind the house. It gave
      about 10 hoots in the full moonlight. 04:16 Seven more hoots. About 200
      yards to the east. 04:27 Five hoots about 1/4 mile to the east now. 04:29
      Five more hoots from about the same area. 04:32 Five more hoots. The last
      I heard. No going back to sleep for me.
      I'd been expecting this guy eventually; several years ago I heard one
      at sunset about 1/2 mile to the west.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA