Peregrine Falcons

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2007
      16 July 2007, Monday, As I drove past Squaw Rock (south Mendocino
      County along Highway 101 and the Russian River) last evening I could
      see at least two Peregrine Falcons sitting on the edge of the nest
      site on the face of the rock. I believe they were ready-to-fledge
      juveniles ....but it was difficult to tell at 60 mph. The nest site
      ledge is very evident from the amount of white wash below it. The
      site could be easily viewed from the large pullout on the east side
      of Highway 101 ....if you are coming from the north you may have to
      go further south, maybe down to the Commisky Road exit in order to
      turn around safely and head back north. Good birding! Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road
      Hopland, CA 95449
      (707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040

      arena." Theodore Roosevelt

    • "LFK" Liquid Fusion Kayaking
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2015
        And the Fall antics continue.
        North side Noyo Bay an adult and juvenile Peregrine Falcon have been cruising the headlands. Also had the opportunity to watch a Peregrine Falcon try to take out a Belted Kingfisher. A bit of a bird fight as one could imagine.  I stopped back by the battle zone later and the Kingfisher was looking a bit stunned but preening.
        Cheers,
        Jeff Laxier

        --
        Jeff Laxier
        (707) 962-1623(office)

         The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration.
                                         -Claude Monet