Second Collared-Dove in Potter

  • Matt Brady
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2007
      Hi Birders. I was shocked and apalled to see a second EURASIAN COLLARED-DOVE interacting with the first bird this morning. The two birds were flying around my parent's Valley-floor yard, with one chasing the other. The first bird has been present since June 12th, and probably represents the first Potter Valley record. I wonder how many will be here by the end of the summer.

      In other news, I saw my first south-bound RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD of the summer here in Potter on the 20th. Also on the 20th a large FALCON, either a Peregrine or a Prairie, circled over the house. I didn't have my binoculars, and the bird was rather high up, but I'm guessing it was likely a Peregrine. I'm not really sure where it might have come from, but I don't think I have seen any other PEFAs in Potter Valley. Good birding,

      Matt Brady
      Potter Valley

      Never miss an email again!