USTP Pintail

  • choatzin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2007
      Sun June 17, 2007

      This morning, Chuck Vaughn, Geoff Heinecken, and I saw an eclipsing
      male NORTHERN PINTAIL floating with the MALLARDS on the middle pond at
      the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant. This is only the second summer
      record in the county. Also of note were a continuing GREATER SCAUP and
      a very late, singing SWAINSON'S THRUSH.

      The south pond is nearly dry and the middle pond is expected to be
      emptied next. It could be a good summer/fall for migrating shorebirds.

      Cheryl Watson
      Ukiah