raucous peregrine

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2001
      Thursday afternoon 11/15/01 between 2:15 and 3:30 at the north shore of
      Lake Mendocino between Pomo A and the marina I observed an adult
      peregrine falcon calling loudly as it flew over the lake and repeatedly
      dive bombing a red tail cowering in the top of an oak. This behaviour
      lasted about 25 minutes whereupon the falcon rested awhile in the top of
      an oak. It then began again to fly back and forth over the lake and
      skimming over the shoreline. Interestingly, even though its flight took
      it right over several large flocks of ducks and grebes none of those
      birds seemed to take much notice.
      Vishnu