RSH fledging?

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2007
      Greetings Mendobirders,

      Yesterday a large, fluffy, very light-colored Red-Shouldered Hawk
      perched on our gatepost. It did not have red shoulders but did have all
      the other characteristics. I suspect it is a recent fledgling - anyone
      else noticing young ones flying about?

      Tim Bray
      Middle Ridge, Albion
    • Kate Marianchild
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2007
        Hi Tim,

        The 3 RSHA nestlings are still in the nest here, looking quite large
        but still a bit ragged. They have a little bit of red on their
        shoulders. They should fledge sometime between June 12-14.

        Kate