Re: [Mendobirds] more on viable egg

  • lakshmikary@netzero.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2007
      Hi Kate,
      Unfortunately the ravens/crows do steal eggs, they take most of our chickens eggs!
      On the bright side, when i first moved to Redwood Valley I saw one carrying a very large snake into a tree!
      One nice thing about the decline in (raven) population past few years is Ive seen a big return of nests/ babies of smaller birds.
      However , its not just the ravens/crows- when we lived in cloverdale we frequently saw/found baby birds taken from their nests by the bluejays.
      I was wondering about coming up with some sort of nesting place that would appeal to the smaller nesting birds where the crows/jays can reach them etc.
      Hope your friend has something suitable to feed her baby, seems he should've come out by now.
      Lynne