Brewer's Sparrow

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2007
      Sat, 26 May 2007 -- Matthew Matthiessen had a BREWER'S SPARROW this morning
      about 9:30 at the boardwalk at Lake Cleone. It was in willows at the far
      end of the boardwalk on the east side of the lake. Dorothy Tobkin looked
      for it about an hour later and was unable to relocate it.
    • birdmanofthewoods3
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23 9:34 PM
        Good job on the Brewer's Sparrow Karen. It makes me wonder how many LBJ's I've seen that were actually Brewer's Sparrows. Pretty darn few I suspect. Makes me want to study my Emberzine sparrows a little closer. Good spotting!

        All I can report is that I finally got a confirmation of a Swainson's thrush today. I've been hearing them for a week or more here on the immediate coast at Littleriver, but no confirmative sighting. Finally one came out onto the birdbath for a bath and good look. Spring is here!