Loon. . .

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2007
      . . .I heard it before I saw it - then spotted two of them in the bay at MacKerricher. Sounded exactly like a Common Loon but my camera's lens wouldn't reach that far out. I do have photos, but the distance makes them blurry, even at 10.7X optical zoom due to my location in proximity to the loons.

      I got a look at them through some binoculars and their plumage suggested Common Loons in breeding plumage.

      This was yesterday, May 15th. Sorry I didn't get the report in sooner.

      Feather