Re: [Mendobirds] Common Redpoll?

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2007
      Looks like a Pine Siskin to me - the red might be an anamoly - but that beak seems way too thin for a Redpoll. . .anyone else?

      Feather

      nick_whelan2 <eurohobby@...> wrote:
      Hello:

      Can anyone shed some light on the presence of a Common Redpoll this
      last Winter in a backyard in Ft. Bragg? Its picture, taken by "Maria
      Wetzel," is on the Cornell Project Feederwatch web site, in the Explore
      Data,Rare Birds section.

      Thank you.

      Nick Whelan
      Corte Madera, CA

    • paulandbettyhawks@sbcglobal.net

        Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 2007
          Hi Nick,

          The Common Redpoll was around my small backyard for about a week
          early in March. I had several of the local bird experts confirm its
          identification. Since I was participating in Project Feederwatch, I
          submitted it to the Cornell site.

          Maria