Northern Goshawk

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2001
      This morning (Sun Nov 4) I drove up to the Angelo Coast Range Reserve
      near Branscomb to see if I could find any goshawks. I hiked around for
      a couple hours with no luck and resigned myself to it being a no go for
      NOGO. Fortunately, just before I got back to my car, I heard a NORTHERN
      GOSHAWK calling up on the hillside. I ran out into the middle of a
      nearby meadow and could see the trees the bird was calling from but
      couldn't see the bird. Finally, after about ten minutes, the bird flew
      out, made a lazy circle over the meadow so that I could get a great
      look, and then returned to it's hidden spot in the trees.

      Good Birding
      - Matthew Matthiessen
    • David Jensen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2012
        Wednesday, 4-January-2012.
        At approximately 7:15 a.m., a Northern Goshawk flew across Highway 20 about 200 yards west of the James Creek bridge.
        Dave Jensen