Common Redpoll?

  • nick_whelan2
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11 9:16 AM
      Hello:

      Can anyone shed some light on the presence of a Common Redpoll this
      last Winter in a backyard in Ft. Bragg? Its picture, taken by "Maria
      Wetzel," is on the Cornell Project Feederwatch web site, in the Explore
      Data,Rare Birds section.

      Thank you.

      Nick Whelan
      Corte Madera, CA
    • Feather Forestwalker
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12 3:57 PM
        Looks like a Pine Siskin to me - the red might be an anamoly - but that beak seems way too thin for a Redpoll. . .anyone else?

        Feather

      • paulandbettyhawks@sbcglobal.net

          Message 4 of 4 , May 13 8:17 AM
            Hi Nick,

            The Common Redpoll was around my small backyard for about a week
            early in March. I had several of the local bird experts confirm its
            identification. Since I was participating in Project Feederwatch, I
            submitted it to the Cornell site.

            Maria