birth announcement

  • Kate Marianchild
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2007
      Last weekend, on May 5 I believe, 3 lovely chicks were born to a pair
      of Red-shouldered Hawks in the nest near my house.

      This hatching was approximately one week later than the 2005 hatching.
      Both parents and chicks appear to be doing well, though with three
      chicks the "sitting adult" has difficulty finding a place to rest in
      the nest and is often a "standing adult."

      Kate