Eel River near Potter Valley

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10 12:01 PM
      Thu, 10 May 2007 -- This morning Chuck Vaughn and I birded along the Eel
      River near the Pioneer Crossing Bridge. There was a lot of song:
      Black-headed Grosbeak, Western Tanager, Cassin's Vireo, Warbling Vireo,
      Lazuli Bunting, i.a. We saw seven species of warblers: Yellow,
      Orange-crowned, Hermit, MacGillivray's, Wilson's, Black-throated Gray, and
      Yellow-breasted Chat. An Osprey was sitting on a nest along the county
      road, but we did not see a bird on the recently discovered Bald Eagle nest
      nearby.
      Saturday morning, May 12, there will be a Peregrine Audubon field
      trip to this same area. We will leave from the Ukiah Long's parking lot at
      8:00 am, or you can meet us at the old Potter Valley Road bridge along the
      Russian River at 08:30 am.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA