Mendocino Eurasian Collared-Dove and USTP

  • Matt Brady
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2007
      Although I knew this day would come, I was dismayed to see a Eurasian Collared-Dove fly over the freeway north of Ukiah this morning. It's probably only a matter of a couple of years until they're crowding every telephone pole, like they are down south. I may have missed previous reports, but I think this may be the first record for inland Mendocino County.

      On another note, Austin Booth and I visited the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant today, and found all three ponds full. There were quite a few ducks on them, mostly Mallards and Ruddy Ducks, but also 65+ Ring-necked Ducks, several Greater Scaup, two or three pairs of Cinnamon Teal, a pair of American Wigeon, 20 or so Buffleheads, 25 Green-winged Teal, and several Canada Geese. The only shorebirds were two Western Sandpipers.

      Good birding,

      Matt Brady
      Potter Valley

      http://mail.yahoo.com