Continuing Calliope Hummingbird

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2007
      Greetings Mendobirders- I first reported this male CALLIOPE HUMMINGBIRD on
      the evening of the 10th and he is still here. I did not post his presence
      again because he was somewhat irregular. He is getting a little more
      aggressive, more comfortable with the other hummingbirds at the feeders,
      and Barbara and I have pretty reliably seen him the past few days. A
      number of Ukiah-area birders have been successful and if anyone else would
      like to make a twitch, please reply OFF LIST and we can make
      arrangements. We had NW wind gusts in excess of 30 mph today, and can
      expect the same tomorrow according to the weather guessers, so I think he
      might hang around a little longer.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482