Bird ID question - Sweetie sweetie

  • mohagan1984
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2007
      I was visting my aunt in Menlo Park (on the Peninsula) this weekend and
      she asked me to ID a bird she had been hearing in her backyard. She
      described it as saying "Sweetie sweetie". I heard it briefly and it
      did indeed sound like "sweetie sweetie", but I had no idea what the
      bird was and since it didn't repeat the call while I was there, I
      didn't get a visual. I imagine it is a common backyard bird ... does
      anyone have an idea of what it was? Thanks for any help! Maureen
    • Ken Holmes
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2007
        Have you checked to see if it's a Plain Titmouse (Oak Titmouse)? My
        old Nat'l Geo guide says they call weety, weety, not far from sweety,
        sweety, I'd say. That'd be my guess, having lived on the Peninsula
        and heard this cheery call.

        Ken Holmes