Calliope hummer

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2007
      Greetings Mendobirders- Between 545 and 730 this evening Barbara and I
      enjoyed a male CALLIOPE HUMMINGBIRD that was visiting our feeders
      repeatedly. It was quite timid, but we saw it 8-10 times. There were 6-8
      ANNA'S HUMMINGBIRDS and 4 RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRDS also at the feeders. We have
      had the Rufous continuously since March 15, and more this evening than
      previously. I never remember them in these numbers during spring migration
      at our feeders in the past. This is the second CALLIOPE HUMMINGBIRD we
      have seen in our yard, and only the third I have seen in Mendocino County.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...