Eurasian Collared-Doves

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2007
      There was one (and probably a 2nd bird) at the west end of Lakeshore Blvd. in Nice this morning.
      The bird was seen perched in an oak tree from the small pullout area at the gate in front of the abandoned section of the Nice-Lucerne Cutoff road.

      Also (Matt) in the same oak tree was the first Western Kingbird I have seen this year in Lake County.

      A very belated report for Mendocino County; there were about 20 Eurasian Collared-Doves along with one very obvious Ringed-turtle dove at the Thompsons near Manchester on Friday March 2nd.

      Jerry White

    • Robert J. Keiffer
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2007
        Monday - 17 December 2007 - I am to the point where I normally do not
        post Eurasian Collared-Doves within the county unless the species is
        found in a new location. This afternoon, however, I had a
        noteworthy observation of eleven birds in a flock at the entrance of
        University Road off of the Old River Road. We have seen small
        numbers (1 to 3) in the area of "Old Hopland" and Hopland in the
        past, but never a concentrated flock of this number in the Sanel
        Valley. I suspect the species nested in the valley this last summer
        ....but I am not sure if these birds are such progeny or are a new
        influx of immigrating birds to the area.

        Good birding. Bob Keiffer

        Robert J. Keiffer
        Principal Supt. of Agriculture
        UC Hopland Research & Extension Center