Myrtle Warblers in Potter Valley

  • Matt Brady
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2007
      Hi Birders. While standing on the back deck this
      evening, I heard an unfamiliar bird song. It turned
      out to be a troop of a half dozen or so Myrtle
      Warblers, notable (to me) for two reasons: firstly
      because wintering Myrtle Warblers tend prefer dense
      coastal riparian thickets, and secondly because these
      were the first Warblers of any species I have seen in
      the yard since I got back from Costa Rica last week.
      So, these guys, spiffy-looking in fresh alternate,
      were definitely migrants that weren't here earlier in
      the day! It's always fun to see migration in action.
      Good birding,

      Matt Brady
      Potter Valley (for the moment)

      Need Mail bonding?