Swallows etc.

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2007
      Last week I briefly saw a small group of swallows, maybe 8 or so, high
      overhead - too high for ID. Yesterday, two Violet-Green Swallows flew
      around us for a few minutes; hopefully they will return to nest again in
      the old redwood snag. Haven't seen the Barn Swallows at the Albion PO yet.

      Today the first Acorn Woodpecker showed up at my suet feeder.

      Allen's Hummingbirds have been showing up in large numbers recently; two
      days ago there were probably twenty at my house. Now the males have
      staked out territory and are making display flights, and the numbers are
      down a bit.

      Ospreys are back in force - I saw three while driving up to Fort Bragg
      yesterday.

      Cheers,
      Tim in Albion