Burris Lane

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2007
      From N. Calif. Birdbox:

      "On Mar 18, a NORTHERN SHRIKE, a previously reported BURROWING OWL,
      BALD EAGLE, GOLDEN EAGLE, PEREGRINE FALCON and COOPER'S HAWK were
      reported from Burris Lane in the Potter Valley. The shrike was
      seen near the pond on Burris Lane, which is 1.4 miles from
      East Side Potter Valley Road. (Al DeMartini)

      On Mar 17, (5) RED CROSSBILLS were seen in the Pygmy Forest at
      Jug Handle State Preserve.
      (Al DeMartini)"

      Tue, 20 Mar 2007 -- This afternoon, having been away for several days, I
      spent about an hour and a half on Burris Lane and Pine Avenue hoping to
      find the shrike. The BURROWING OWL was sitting in the burrow where it has
      been a fixture for about a month now. I was able to scope a distant BALD
      EAGLE sitting north of Pine Avenue, there were several GOLDEN EAGLES about,
      but I was unable to find the shrike. It has become very green and lovely
      out there in the last week, and the popcorn flower is beginning to bloom.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA