Osprey

  • doloreslolo
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18, 2007
      Wonderful view of osprey in nest. Easy to see from the east side of Stone Road in Finley
      (near Kelseyville in Lake County) about a half mile south of Soda Bay Road.
    • fred_andrews99
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2007
        11/11/07 11:45 a.m.

        Saw one Osprey flying overhead at the west end of the Haul Road at Big
        River.
      • fred_andrews99
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1 6:52 PM
          May 1, 2008

          This morning I counted 7 osprey above Lake Cleone at MacKerricher
          State Park. Several attemps were made by osprey to catch a fish.
          Finally, one osprey dove into the water and grabbed a fish.

          Fred Andrews
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 17, 2012
            This morning at 10 am there was an Osprey sitting on a power pole on the south side of East Perkins. This was just across from the houses at 1202-1204 E Perkins and just before you get to the bridge when traveling east. I could not refind it at 11 am.

            While Ospreys are not rare, this is the first time I have seen one there in over 20 years. They are usually much further south on the river or much further north up by Lake Mendocino.

            Dave Bengston
            Ukiah
          • Jessica Morton
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 5
              Two Osprey sightings this week above Caspar Beach, both carrying long streamers of seaweed. Sunday, I heard the first chirping of one, less than a mile up Road 409 near their usual site.

              Sent from my 1947 Smith-Corona "Floating Shift" typewriter.