Re: [Mendobirds] Is Al still around?

  • Ken Holmes
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2007
      I got a photo of Al just last Friday. The stories of him interacting
      with the surfers is true. He was just floating around and
      occasionally preening but as this surfer returned to shore, Al
      definitely rode over to check him out and the surfer stopped to
      return the gesture and pass the time of day. I'll bet the surfers
      are developing quite a legend of this amazing bird. A passerby
      surfer on the pier told me that the leg injury seems to be permanent
      but seems not to be hindering Al. Picture was taken about 3:30 PM
      and it's posted in these albums. I haven't heard if anyone has
      developed a history of Al's ETD in the spring. Good luck.

      Ken Holmes