Lake County

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 160 , Mar 12, 2007
      On Sunday the 11th I found a male RED-BREASTED
      MERGANSER with a flock of about 30 COMMON MERGANSERS
      on the north side of Clearlake Oaks. Other enjoyable
      birds included two CINNAMON TEAL and four HOODED
      MERGANSERS at Robinson Lake, about 20 HORNED GREBES at
      Glenhaven, five GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULLS at Clearlake
      Oaks and three THAYER'S GULLS at Clearlake. Most of
      the wintering waterbirds appear to have departed.
      Along the north, east and west shores of Clear Lake I
      saw <100 white-headed gulls, <150 mergansers and <200
      RUDDY DUCKS. And at Borax Lake there were only about
      200 scaup, with no Tufted Duck among them.

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, Lake County
    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014