Dear Mendobirders

  • Kate Marianchild
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2007
      Dear Mendobirders -
      If any of you want to be on my email list let me know. That way you can
      see the photographs that I send out with my articles. Often they are
      quite gorgeous, as are the ones that went out with this article.

      Kate

      International Wildlife Film Series:
      This Friday � "Life in the Undergrowth," with Steve Hahm providing music
      Next Friday � "Andes to Amazon," with Daniel Frey providing music

      Ukiah�s first International Wildlife Film series opened on Friday,
      March 2, to a sell-out crowd, with most of the tickets sold before the
      doors opened. The program for this Friday, March 9, will start at 7
      p.m. and end at 8:40 p.m. with films starting at 7:15. Steve Hahm will
      play acoustic guitar and sing songs reminiscent of the early 70's to
      welcome people as they arrive. The feature film for the evening is
      David Attenborough's state-of-the-art mind buster "Life in the
      Undergrowth." To be sure to get a seat you are urged to buy your
      tickets early from Mendocino Book Company in Ukiah or Leaves of Grass
      Bookstore in Willits. The cost is a suggested donation of $40 for the
      remaining 5 films of the series, or $10 for each individual night.
      These evenings of film and conviviality, a benefit for Redwood Valley
      Outdoor Education Project (a project of Ukiah Unified School District),
      begin at 7 p.m. every Friday night through April 6 at Ukiah Civic
      Center, 300 Seminary Avenue. To learn more about the films please go to
      www.rvoep.com.

      �Life in the Undergrowth - Invasion of the Land� presents a new window
      on the world of insects � a view made possible only recently by the
      latest cameras. Accompanied by a lively sound track we will undulate
      with leopard slugs and watch velvet worms capture their prey with glue
      guns. This film won Best of Festival, Best of Category: TV Series
      >500K, Best Photography, Best Script, and Best Animal Behavior.

      "Andes to Amazon," the award-winning feature film for Friday, March 16,
      will take us back in time to a lost world where weird and wonderful
      animals roam across a land full of extremes � mighty rivers,
      snow-capped peaks, rich seas, and high plains. �Giant anteaters,
      sloths, guanacos and red-faced monkeys all seem to have been built for
      a very strange and unfamiliar plan. Daniel Frey will entertain with
      blue grass, folk, and reggae music played on acoustic guitar and banjo.
      This film won Best Photograhy, Best of Category, and Best Editing (2nd
      place) in Montana's prestigious International Wildlife Film Festival.