Winter reports due

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
      2 March 2007 - The winter bird reporting season has come to an end
      and I will be submitting an edited report of Mendocino County bird
      observations to the regional editors (Northern California) of North
      American Birds soon. If you already posted reports on Mendobirds
      then I already have those. If you have any additional reports, or
      wish to provide a summary report of your sightings, then please send
      them to me via email: rjkeiffer@... or hard copy: Bob
      Keiffer 4070 University Road Hopland CA 95449. I would
      appreciate receiving them by March 10th so that I can meet my
      deadline. Thanks to all who contribute to the bird observations of
      Mendocino County.

      Note to coastal folks ....please try to keep an eye on when "AL", the
      Laysan Albatross at Point Arena Cove, leaves for the year. Last
      year the bird stayed into April ...but usually the bird leaves around
      early to mid-March. Also keep an eye out on offshore seabird colony
      rocks/islands for Brown Booby ... as this species seems to be showing
      up with more regularity along our coast.

      Good birding. Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road
      Hopland, CA 95449
      (707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040

      arena." Theodore Roosevelt

    • Richard Kuehn
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2007
        Knowing members of our Redwood Coast and inland communities often plan far
        in advance, the Mendocino Coast Audubon Society (MCAS) would like to invite
        you to a Gala Evening at the Gualala Arts Center, Monday, April 30th, when
        the chapter holds their annual dinner meeting on the 'south' coast. If
        you've always wanted to visit southern Africa, but not made it there yet or
        if you'd like to be momentarily transported back, please plan to attend.
        You'll experience southern African Cuisine, prepared by Leslie Bates of
        Savory Coast Catering, accompanied by South African wines and followed by a
        video presentation entitled "Botswana & Namibia: Birds and Other Wildlife"
        edited by Buff Corsi from Santa Rosa. (As always, vegetarian alternatives
        and non-alcoholic beverages will be available.) Dinner will be served at 6
        p.m. and the program will begin at 7:15 p.m. following announcements and a
        _short_ business meeting. The cost for the dinner with program is $25;
        program only is $5. Reservations and dinner selection (vegetarian or
        non-vegetarian) may be arranged by calling Warren Wade, President of MCAS,
        at (707) 964-6362 or me at (707) 785-3415 BEFORE April 21st; payment will be
        at the door. Please NOTE: No-Shows, who do NOT telephone to cancel, will be
        expected to pay for their meal.

        Hope to see you there-Rich

        Richard Kuehn, peripatetic traveler and birdwatcher

        WindandSea at The Sea Ranch

        N 38 44.93 W 123 31.66

        HTTP://ourlives-at-windandsea.info

        Life is NOT a dress-rehearsal!