Pine Siskins and probable Harris Sparrow

  • doloreslolo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2007
      Two handsome little pine siskin seen at our thistle bag feeder this morning. Nothing
      unusual about this except that they are the first we've had in our yard this winter.
      Much more exciting is a bird I saw and photographed with our digital camera over the
      fence in the yard two houses away from ours. It's not a good picture, but as I study it
      today, I see that it can only be a Harris Sparrow. This location is just a few blocks from
      downtown Middletown. Very exciting. I have looked for him again today but he must have
      been just passing through.