Osprey

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2007
      Saw and heard an Osprey today at approx. 2:30 PM South/West of the
      Little River Airport.

      Richard Hubacek
    • doloreslolo
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 18, 2007
        Wonderful view of osprey in nest. Easy to see from the east side of Stone Road in Finley
        (near Kelseyville in Lake County) about a half mile south of Soda Bay Road.
      • fred_andrews99
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 11, 2007
          11/11/07 11:45 a.m.

          Saw one Osprey flying overhead at the west end of the Haul Road at Big
          River.
        • fred_andrews99
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2008
            May 1, 2008

            This morning I counted 7 osprey above Lake Cleone at MacKerricher
            State Park. Several attemps were made by osprey to catch a fish.
            Finally, one osprey dove into the water and grabbed a fish.

            Fred Andrews
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 17, 2012
              This morning at 10 am there was an Osprey sitting on a power pole on the south side of East Perkins. This was just across from the houses at 1202-1204 E Perkins and just before you get to the bridge when traveling east. I could not refind it at 11 am.

              While Ospreys are not rare, this is the first time I have seen one there in over 20 years. They are usually much further south on the river or much further north up by Lake Mendocino.

              Dave Bengston
              Ukiah
            • Jessica Morton
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 5 12:36 PM
                Two Osprey sightings this week above Caspar Beach, both carrying long streamers of seaweed. Sunday, I heard the first chirping of one, less than a mile up Road 409 near their usual site.

                Sent from my 1947 Smith-Corona "Floating Shift" typewriter.