Barrow's Goldeneye Not Seen at Westport

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2007
      Jim and I went to the Westport STP at noon. Neither the Barrow's
      nor the Common Goldeneye were seen. We stayed a while to see
      that if they were in the NE corner, they might swim into view. Jim
      walked all the way to the north end, but he could not see a small
      part of the pond and shore.
      The male Buffleheads were practicing their romantic moves, but
      the females did not seem too impressed -- too early in the year.

      Karen & Jim Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg