aggressive sparrow action

  • Maria Wetzel
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2007
      I live in town in Fort Bragg and I am watching birds more closely
      than before since this is the first year I've been involved in
      Project Feeder Watch. I'm wondering if what I have now seen 3 times
      is unusual or common. I have seen both White Crowned and Golden
      Crowned Sparrows feeding at a platform feeder with Pine Siskins. Both
      species have grabbed a Siskin by a wing tip, twirl it around almost
      360 degrees and let it go.

      I'm curious if this is something I've just missed before; how common is this?

      Thanks,
      Maria