Black-crowned Night Herons

  • Elaine Lindelef
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10 3:39 PM
      This morning I spotted (what I think is) a juvenile Black-crowned
      Night Heron down on the river. I've seen him before, very
      occasionally. And I braved the rain for quite some time until it let
      up enough to attempt a photo.

      He even moved his head for me once, and I got a shot of him looking
      directly at me - from the front they look like completely different
      birds.

      But, the joke was on me, because the camera actually caught two. I
      never spotted the second one.

      Elaine Lindelef
    • George Chaniot
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2012
        Mon, 19 Mar 2012 -- About noon today there were two BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT
        HERONS sitting in view in the dense tree at 412 Mendocino Drive in western
        Ukiah. (This is NOT Lake Mendocino Drive)

        George Chaniot
        Potter Valley, MEN, CA