Red Fox Sparrow Continues - Ten Mile Area

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi birders -- The Red Fox Sparrow continues to come to our yard north of
      the Ten Mile River bridge. The flock includes Varied Thrushes, Spotted
      Towhees, Song, Lincoln's, Golden- and White-crowned Sparrows.

      Karen Havlena

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2007
        The Red Fox Sparrow has stayed through the rainy days on Ocean Meadows
        Circle north of the Ten Mile River. The last of the three Varied Thrushes has
        apparently departed for the hills, but he was here yesterday (Monday). The
        Tri-colored Blackbird was seen again today.

        The Fox Sparrow has changed his habits of coming to the seed around the
        hedge and pine tree. Now, we don't see it until around 11 AM, then it comes
        in several times during the afternoon.

        Karen Havlena
        North of Fort Bragg