Fwd: Eurasian Wigeon - Lake Co.

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2007
      Sunday, 28 January 2007 -- Sunday at 11:00 I spent about an hour scoping
      the ducks on Borax Lake in Lake County looking for the Tufted Ducks
      reported by Floyd Hayes last week. Although I didn't see any Tufted Ducks
      there was one male EURASIAN WIGEON and at least 20 CANVASBACKS present. If
      you want to try for the Tufted Ducks you must bring plenty of patience and
      lots of time because there a thousands of scaup on the lake spread from one
      end to the other.

      Good Birding.

      Matthew Matthiessen
      Ukiah, CA