another question

  • Quince Amanda
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2001
      On October 12th, I was quite surprised to see a Red
      Tail Hawk eating carrion by the roadside. Not fresh
      roadkill, either, but a deer carcass that had been
      well worked over by the turkey vultures and ravens.
      Is this unusual? I have never seen such a thing
      before. Q.A.

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Feather Forestwalker
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2001
        Hi, Amanda,

        It is very common, when hungry or stressed in other ways by lack of food, for
        a redtailed hawk to eat carrion. They'll even eat suet from a birdfeeder as
        well as earthworms, if they are hungry enough.

        Feather