Godwit Days Pelagic tour

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2007
      Birders,

      As January is upon us, it is Spring Festival Season here on the North Coast,
      we have lots to offer with the San Francisco Flyway Festival kicking things
      off in Vallejo Feb 4-5th, and our friends in Chico offer the Snow Goose
      Festival the weekend before Jan 26-8. I have included their web pages for
      your information.

      However the subject says Godwit Days and so to that end I would like to
      officially declare our site www.godwitdays.com <http://www.godwitdays.com/>
      open and ready to take on-line registrations for trips.

      Our Pelagic always sells out and there if there is enough demand we can run
      two trips one on Saturday and provisionally one Sunday (a soft booking is
      what they call it). Anyway don't miss out on a Humboldt Spring Pelagic.
      The MV Coral Sea is a much larger vessel than most so it has a good chance
      of getting out of Humboldt Bay in rough weather. Last years trip was
      amazing. Participants declared it the best bird trip they have ever been
      on. Interestingly it wasn't birds, but dolphins that wow'ed folks. There
      were "thousands." Breaking and spouting and jumping across the entire
      horizon. Manx Shearwater was a Humboldt first to put an exclamation point
      to the trip. So locals book up now, visitors make your plans, the on-line
      registration process is flexible enough to allow you to book ahead for the
      Pelagic then round out your Godwit schedule at a latter date. 23 spots per
      trip (two already taken).

      Yours Rob

      Robert W. Hewitt

      Wildlife Biologist - LBJ Enterprises

      Eureka, California

      (w) 707-442-0339, (cell) 707-496-4834, (fax) 707-269-0632

      Chairman, Godwit Days Steering Committee

      www.godwitdays.com

      April 19-25, April 2007

      "Birds from The Redwoods to Humboldt Bay"

      "Keynote, reception, bird fair and boat tours"