10 Mile River Bald Eagle

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2007
      Those of us on today's Mendocino Audubon trip to 10 Mile did get good
      looks at the Bald Eagle reported earlier by Karen. We found it East of
      the bridge after walking inland a short distance. It was last seen
      soaring North of the bridge.

      Also spotted was a 1st year Thayer's Gull and a single Ring-billed
      gull amongst the mixed (Mew, California, and Western) gull flock at
      the month of the river.

      There were approx. 30 Aleutian Cackling Geese (we has bad sun glare,
      ID based on head shape). They were chased off by a light airplane
      before we could get a better look. They were seen near the mouth.

      Richard Hubacek