Various Coastal sightings

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2007
      Yesterday, January 8, Charlene found a Pileated Woodpecker and an
      interesting sapsucker in the yard on the Little River Headlands. The
      sapsucker was clearly a Red-breasted, with a complete red head, except that
      it had a strong white stripe running from the bill back below the eye and
      down the side of the face like the more southern daggetti race and not the
      nuchalis race with a very red head that I am used to in Humboldt County. It
      might have had some red-naped genes in it. I'll keep an eye out for it and
      try to get some photos one of these days.

      We also heard and saw 85 Aleutian Cackling Geese heading north along the
      coast over the house.

      Today a single adult Heermann's Gul flew by.

      Ron

      Ron LeValley

      LeValleyPhotos

      P.O. Box 332

      Little River California USA 95456

      Cell: 707/496-3326

      Office: 707/937-1742

      www.LeValleyPhoto.com <http://www.levalleyphoto.com/>

      Ron@...

      For a free natural history Picture of the Day in your e-mail, contact
      Ron@...