Glaucous Gull Still at Mendocino Headlands 1/9/07

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2007
      Hi birders, I saw the Glaucous Gull found on Monday afternoon this morning at
      11:30. I thought I would be too early, since the original sighting was at 2:30, but
      I stopped by late this AM anyway. Approaching the N/NW bluff, there were lots
      of Brown Pelicans but only a few gulls among them. As I looked down at a long,
      low rock, there was the first cycle Glaucous Gull next to an adult Western Gull.
      The size difference was obvious. I watched it for over ten minutes. There were
      only five other gulls visible during my time at the bluff.

      Karen Havlena
      Fort Bragg area