USTP birds 1/5

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2007
      Greetings Mendobirders- I got out to the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant this
      brisk morning. The only new birds were 3 TREE SWALLOWS, and the only other
      bird of note was a very pale "richardsonii"-type Merlin. The middle pond
      is being filled out of the north pond, and the extensive mud is being
      submerged. It will be interesting to see if the shorebirds stick around
      with the disappearance of that great habitat. The waterfowl are really
      falling off both in numbers and diversity.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...