August Manx Shearwater observers?

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007
      5th January 2007 - This note is to all of the lucky Mendocino County
      birders that were aboard Shearwater Journeys' August 26th, 2006
      pelagic trip out of Noyo Harbor.
      On that day leader Todd McGrath first identified a Manx Shearwater
      ...and I am sure that it was seen by others on the boat that
      day. The MANX SHEARWATER, even
      though being seen with more regularity off of the California Coast,
      is still a California Bird Records Committee (CBRC) review
      species. It has come to my attention that NO observation notes have
      been submitted concerning this sighting. If any of you were on this
      trip and observed this bird, would you please write up some
      observation notes and submit them to me and/or the CBRC? Any photos
      would be appreciated also.

      Without such documentation this important sighting will "fall through
      the cracks" and will NOT be considered as and established as a county
      record. Many thanks. Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center