Long-tailed Duck et al.

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2006
      Sat, 30 Dec 2006 -- Bob Keiffer, Cheryl Watson, and Geoff Heinecken found a
      winter female LONG-TAILED DUCK at the mouth of Alder Creek today on the
      coast CBC.
      Matthew Mattheissen, Chuck Vaughn, and I scoped to sea from the
      Point Arena Lighthouse from 8:30-12:00 this morning, and among the
      highlights were 5 MARBLED MURRELETS, 2 ANCIENT MURRELETS, a 1st winter
      GLAUCOUS GULL, and an unseasonal PIGEON GUILLEMOT.
      Later, looking from Hunters' Lagoon to Brush Creek, we saw a
      BLACK-NECKED STILT, and a male EURASIAN WIGEON.
      Finally, we went north to Laguna Point and found a ROCK SANDPIPER
      off the point, proving that, yes, they _can_ be found at low tide.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA