Varied Thrush in Caspar

  • arrowsheba
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2006
      As beginning birders, we can be excited by sightings that others might
      consider quite ordinary.

      This morning from my office window on Fern Creek Road east of Caspar,
      we spotted a pair of gorgeous Varied Thrush scratching like chickens
      in the pine duff, and hopping around on high limbs of nearby trees. At
      one moment one posed for us -- a beautiful view taken directly from
      the front and back covers the the Sibley FG to Western North America.

      Ahhh.... the pleasure of wishing I could fly...

      Best, Tony Miksak & Joselyn Bartlett
      Caspar CA