Manchester Birds 12/10/06

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2006
      I saw a quite a few raptors this morning around Manchester and Brush Creek.
      Only one short shower and a few sprinkles had me using the windshield wipers.
      The Rough-legged, plus 2 Ferruginous, 2 Red-tailed, a nearby Red-shouldered
      Hawk, 2 White-tailed Kites, 4 N Harriers & numerous Kestrels were all around
      the dairy farm and Brush Creek. The 4 Tundra Swans and an adult Snow Goose
      were near the mouth of Brush Creek. The hawks kept moving all around the
      farm fields. The area is visible at the end of Stoneboro or Bristol, just south of
      Manchester.
      I looked for, but did not see any swallows, no Eurasian Collared Doves, nor a
      Eurasian Wigeon.

      Further north on Hwy 1 near mailbox 12250 there was a Peregrine Falcon and
      a large flock of about 35 Turkeys.

      North of Fort Bragg on Bald Hill Rd, the Ferrugious Hawk remains. There was
      an adult and an immature Snow Goose with the Canada Geese. I did not see
      the Burrowing Owl.

      Karen Havlena
      Fort Bragg area