Palm Warblers

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2001
      The two PALM WARLBERS reported by Toby on Thursday were still present
      this morning (Sat Oct 13) at Virgin Creek Beach. Both birds were near
      the house with the miniature wooden lighthouse in the yard. I initially
      found one bird in the southernmost cypress (next to the wooden
      lighthouse) but it quickly flew to the fenceline north of the house and
      was shortly joined by a second bird. After a few minutes the two birds
      flew out of sight around the east side of the house. Eventually they
      returned to the cypress trees near the wooden lighthouse.

      Also on the coast this morning were a dozen HARLEQUIN DUCKS at Glass
      Beach and a RED-NECKED GREBE at Laguna Point.

      - Matthew Matthiessen
    • grebeman2
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2014

        Later in the afternoon yesterday I took Nikki to look for the PALM WARBLER I had found earlier. We found 2 Palm Warblers hanging out in the Donkey Pasture at the Stanford Inn. A walk through the area this morning did not turn up any. There was a White-throated Sparrow.

        One of the 2 Palm Warblers seen yesterday may have been of the eastern subspecies?  Jerry White