Re: [Mendobirds] Robins!

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
      That's because Robins flock in late fall and winter to eat berries and TONS of them

      They really aren't a harbinger of spring that we read of in poems; they have become fairly irruptive rather than migratory in their movements during the late fall and winter months and we might see huge flocks eating berries one day, and then they're gone the next, only to have them return again.

      In Spring they will pair off and return to their breeding grounds. We might have resident birds mixing with wanderers this time of year- some from much farther north. . .

      Feather

      mohagan1984 <mohagan@...> wrote:
      I think of robins as a Spring bird, but I seem to be hearing them
      everywhere these last few days around Ukiah.