Lake County

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 160 , Dec 4, 2006
      A CACKLING GOOSE is still roaming the Clearlake area,
      where I've now seen it on three occasions. On 3
      December it was swimming alone in the water off Austin
      Park. Hopefully it will stick around for the CBC.

      On Sunday the 3rd, large numbers of gulls were
      loitering along various piers at Lucerne, where I saw
      8 species including one first-winter and two
      near-adult (each with a small black smudge on the
      bill) WESTERN GULLS. I've also seen a second-winter
      and two similar-looking adult WESTERN GULLS at
      Clearlake during the past few weeks, plus some
      suspected hybrids.

      Other birds I've seen recently include an adult BALD
      EAGLE at Detert Reservoir on 27 November, a PRAIRIE
      FALCON at Nice on 24 November, a YELLOW-BELLIED MAGPIE
      at High Valley on 19 November, and five CINNAMON TEAL
      at Hidden Valley Lake Wastewater Treatment Plant on 19 November.
    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014

        11/15/14 0745

         Steve Stump