Bald Eagles

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2001
      Adult Bald Eagles are on occasion seen around the Rodman Slough area in the vicinity of the bridge. Take Nice-Lucerne Cutoff road from either hiway 20 or 29.

      The best location is in the northern part of the county at Lake Pillsbury-Mendocino National Forest. On several trips to that location this year I and others have seen an immature Bald Eagle as well as adult birds on some of those trips. Go to the campground areas at the north end of the lake. Jerry White

    • chaniot@pacific.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2002
        Mon, 9 Sep 2002 -- Allan Grass reports that two Bald Eagles have been
        hanging around Van Arsdale Dam on the Eel River daily for the last four
        months. They are eating "eels" and an occasional Wood Duck. There are
        reportedly two nests this year near Lake Pilsbury, and these birds may come
        from there.
      • patti.boatwright
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 29, 2012
          Driving from Potter Valley west on Highway 20 Wednesday morning, glanced to my right and saw a pair of Bald Eagles flying together along the river. Always a treat to see them. I also had a Varied Thrush pass through my feeder area. They are probably fairly common, but that's the first one I've seen here since I've been in Potter Valley.