Horned Larks/Lake County

  • Dave Woodward
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2006
      Sat. Oct 21, 2006 This morning I scoped the dry flat behind the metal
      barn on the Nice-Lucerne cutoff. The flat is several hundred yards
      east of the Rodman bridge. The most interesting birds on the flat were
      three Horned Larks. There were also six Cackling Geese, several of
      which had very thin white collars. Also present were about 20 American
      Pipits and about 25 Am. White Pelicans. Around the corner to the east
      in the pond that is now drying the Marbled Godwit reported yesterday
      was still present.
      Dave Woodward
      Lakeport